Baked Potato Slices
These baked potato slices are topped with melted cheese, crispy bacon, Italian seasoning, and served with sour cream for dipping! Crispy on the outside, warm and soft on the inside!
Author: Thecozycook/Photo credit to thecozycook.com
- 3 russet potatoes, Scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, Canola or Olive Oil work as well
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take out the bacon and set it aside for 5 minutes (this makes it crispier).
- Cut the potatoes into ¾ inch slices. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops with oil. Flip and repeat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the slices on a baking sheet in the oven for 25 minutes.
- As the potatoes bake, cook the bacon over low heat. Use kitchen tongs to flip them periodically for even cooking. Set them aside once finished, leave the bacon drippings.
- Remove the potato slices from the oven and lightly brush with bacon drippings. Flip and repeat. Bake for 10 more minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the bacon.
- Decrease the heat to 350 degrees. Top the potatoes with grated cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the oven. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then top with green onions. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!