Baked Parmesan Zucchini Curly Fries
This healthy recipe combines two bar food favorites--fried zucchini and curly fries--into one tempting package. Serve these baked zucchini fries with a simple dipping sauce made with ranch dressing and marinara sauce for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or a side dish for burgers, chicken or pizza. No matter what you serve them with, they're a fun way to eat more vegetables for kids and adults alike.
Author: Eatingwell/Photo credit to eatingwell.com
- 1 serving Cooking spray
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 eaches large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- ¾ ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (see Tip)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces spiralized zucchini noodles (see Tip)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing
- ¼ cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. Place cornstarch in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a separate shallow dish. Stir together panko, Parmesan and oregano in a third shallow dish.
- Step 2
- Coarsely chop zucchini noodles into 5- or 6-inch-long pieces. Working in batches, dredge the noodles in the cornstarch; shake off excess. Dredge in the egg whites; shake off excess. Dredge in the panko mixture; shake off excess. Arrange the noodles, well spaced apart, in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Coat with cooking spray.
- Step 3
- Bake until golden and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with salt.
- Step 4
- Combine ranch and marinara in a shallow bowl; serve alongside the fries.