Baked Goat Cheese
Warm goat cheese, broiled in a baking dish with lightly spiced tomato sauce, makes for a refreshing spin on the always-popular melted-cheese party fare. Since goat cheese has so much flavor already, especially when served hot, we chose not ... Read More
Author: Cookscountry/Photo credit to cookscountry.com
- ▢ 1½ cups Lucini Organic Rustic Tomato Basil Sauce
- ▢ 1 clove garlic (grated)
- ▢ 8 ounces goat cheese (pressed 1-inch thick and leaving 1-inch border around baking dish)
- ▢ 1 baguette
- ▢ 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ▢ Coarse salt (for sprinkling)
- ▢ Basil leaves (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine Lucini tomato sauce and garlic in a baking dish and top with goat cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until the sauce begins to bubble at edges and the cheese is hot, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice baguette on a bias and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, add bread to oven and toast until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish cheese with basil and cherry tomatoes, if desired. Serve warm.