A big pan of pillowy gnocchi surrounded by bubbling pools of mozzarella melting into creamy ricotta and tomato sauce—one whiff of this heavenly baked gnocchi is enough to silence the ravenous masses.
Author: Themodernproper/Photo credit to themodernproper.com
- 1 lb
- Ground italian sausage
- 1 lb packages gnocchi
- 8 oz
- 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds
- Large jar (25.5 oz) marinara sauce
- 8 oz
- Mozzarella grated (block or fresh)
- 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium/high heat until its cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the marinara sauce, ricotta, uncooked gnocchi, fennel seed and salt to the pan with the cooked sausage, and stir gently until the gnocchi is coated with the sauce and the sausage is well-distributed. Top with mozzarella and bake on center rack for 30 minutes (or until gnocchi is tender).
- Top finished baked gnocchi with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve warm.