Baked Chicken Tacos
You won’t find many recipes on my blog that are easier than these baked chicken tacos. You can get as creative as you’d like with the filling choices, and they only take a few minutes to assemble. That means you can make a giant batch of crispy, cheesy tacos and refrigerate or freeze for later.
Author: Masonfit/Photo credit to masonfit.com
- 6 Extra Thin Corn Tortillas, I used Mission
- 6 oz Cooked Chicken Breast, chopped or shredded (or your choice of filling)
- ½ C (56g) Shredded Cheddar , or your choice of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave for 45-60 seconds, flipping halfway through. (This will make the tortillas easier to fold.)
- Add the chicken and peppers (or your choice of filling) to one half of each tortilla. Top with cheese before folding over. Gently press down to seal each taco. (If you notice any tearing in the tortillas, you need to microwave the tortillas for another 15-30 seconds.)
- Place a baking sheet or flat surface with a bit of weight on top of the tacos to press them down. This prevents the tacos from opening during baking and helps the cheese fully seal the tacos so they stick together after baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown. Be careful not to burn. (If you’re having trouble getting them crisp, remove the second baking sheet towards the end of cooking since the tacos will be sealed by then. And using a baking sheet instead of a wire rack on the bottom will take a bit longer.)