BAKED BRIE & FIG SPREAD IN PUFF PASTRY
Delicious, gooey baked brie melts inside a shell of golden brown puff pastry. Fig spread adds just the right amount of sweetness and pecans give a little crunch. Seriously, this recipe is so good, you may just want to put a slice on top of salad and call it dinner!
Author: Mealsheelsandcocktails/Photo credit to mealsheelsandcocktails.com
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry , thawed
- ½ cup Dalmatia Fig Spread - Original or Dalmatia Fig Spread with Orange
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 7 oz. Eiffel Tower Brie Cheese Round
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat egg and water in small bowl. Sprinkle flour on work surface. Unfold pastry sheet on work surface. Roll pastry into a 10-inch square. Spread Fig Spread in a 6-inch circle in center of pastry. Top with pecans.
- Place Brie in center of pastry. Fold pastry up over Brie to cover, pressing gently to seal seams. Brush seams with egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto baking sheet. Brush pastry with egg mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with crackers and fruit if desired.