Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Scallops are a delectable appetizer for any party or special occasion. They have a savory, buttery flavor, with a bit of spice thanks to the hot pepper jelly on top. This bacon wrapped scallops recipe is so easy, and so delicious!
Author: Thecookierookie/Photo credit to thecookierookie.com
- ▢1 pound bacon 16 slices
- ▢16 large sea scallops
- ▢Kosher salt
- ▢10 ounces hot pepper jelly
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and set oven to broil.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the side muscle attacked to each scallop and, if necessary, cut the scallops to the same size. Pat the scallops with a paper towel.
- To ensure the bacon crisps and cooks throughout during broiling, it is necessary to parcook the bacon before wrapping the scallops. The most proficient way is to line a microwave-safe plate with 4 layers of paper towels and spread 8 bacon slices on top. Cover the bacon with 2 more layers of paper towels and microwave on high 1½-2 minutes or until the bacon fat begins to melt but is still pliable. Transfer the first 8 slices to the counter and repeat with the remaining 8 slices of bacon.
- Place the scallops on a plate and season with kosher salt.
- Cut one slice of bacon (width and length) to fit around one scallop with just enough overlapping to secure with a toothpick. Place the scallop on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process until all scallops are wrapped.
- Top each scallop with 1-teaspoon pepper jelly.
- Broil the scallops 3-4 minutes, spinning around the baking tray after 2 minutes. The scallops are done when the edges of bacon have browned, the scallops are opaque and bounce back slightly when touched.
- Transfer scallops to a serving tray and serve immediately.