Apple Pie Taquitos
Apple Pie Taquitos – crispy, sweet, and delicious, these taquitos are simple to make. All the makings of a great apple pie, in a fun taquito form. Genius!
Author: Jocooks/Photo credit to jocooks.com
- 20 oz apple pie filling (1 can)
- 12 medium soft flour tortillas
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Brush a 9×13 baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- In a shallow plate mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Empty the can of pie filling onto a cutting board and chop the apples into smaller pieces with a knife.
- Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the apple pie filling. Tightly roll up the tortilla. Brush the taquito with butter the roll it through the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place the taquito in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and apple pie filling. You should have enough filling for the 12 tortillas.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the taquitos start to get golden on top.
- Serve with caramel sauce if preferred.