Zoodle Alfredo With Bacon
This zoodle alfredo gives the original a run for it's money! Did we mention it's got BACON?!
Recipe type: Main
- ½ lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 (16 oz.) container zucchini noodles
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon, then add shallots . Cook until soft, about 2 minutes, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add heavy cream and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in Parmesan. Cook until sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and toss until completely coated in sauce. Remove from heat and stir in cooked bacon.