The Best Gooey Salted Caramel Brownies
If you love salted caramel, then these gooey brownies are the best ever!
Recipe type: Dessert
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ¾ cup (175 g) unsalted butter, 1½ sticks, melted
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (190 g) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (85 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups (985 g) soft caramel candy
- 1 ½ cups (490 g) soft caramel candy
- ¼ cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Make the brownies: in a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and fold to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking pan and spread to cover the bottom. Arrange the caramel candies in a single layer over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter over the caramel candies and spread to cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is cooked through. Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool.
- Make the topping: combine the caramel candies and heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl. Microwave for 1 minute in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the mixture is thick and velvety.
- Pour the caramel topping over the brownies. Let set for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Slice and serve.
If you love salted caramel, then these gooey brownies are the best ever! 😍✨FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-gooey-salted-caramel-brownies
Posted by Proper Tasty on Thursday, August 9, 2018