These stuffed zucchini boats are filled with all your favorite taco ingredients like seasoned meat, cheese and avocado. They're perfect for a a low-carb alternative on taco night or a great kid-friendly way to sneak in more vegetables.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Pico de gallo (optional)
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the bottoms so that each half sits flat. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a ¼-inch shell. Chop the pulp.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, tomato, scallions, chili powder, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt and garlic powder. Cook, breaking the beef into small pieces, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the chopped pulp.
- Meanwhile, place the prepared zucchini halves in a microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on High until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover.
- Position rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat broiler to high. Place the zucchini halves on a baking sheet. Divide the beef filling among the zucchini halves and sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve with lettuce, avocado and pico de gallo, if desired.
We think your night will be exponentially better if it involves these taco-stuffed zucchinis. (via Health)RECIPE HERE: http://ow.ly/pkXe30leSii
Posted by Cooking Light on Monday, August 6, 2018