Sweet Potato Crescent Bites
A guarantee: You will NOT be able to stop eating these little guys. They're the perfect amount of sweet and savory, so you can serve them before or after the big meal!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- Cooking spray
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1½ lb.), scrubbed clean
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 (8-oz.) refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 24 whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Pierce sweet potatoes 3 to 4 times with a fork. Place potato on microwave-safe plate and microwave 15 minutes. If your potatoes aren't fork tender after 15 minutes, continue microwaving in 30 second increments.
- When potatoes are cooked through, scrape filling into a large bowl and discard skin. Using a potato masher or fork, mash sweet potatoes until smooth. Add brown sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and whisk to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough, and pinch together seams. Cut into 24 squares and place in muffin tin cups.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of sweet potato mixture into each crescent square, then top with mini marshmallows and bake until crescent pastry is golden, about 15 minutes. Add a pecan to the center of each bite and bake 5 minutes more.
These Sweet Potato Crescent Bites are the holiday app that gets demolished in seconds.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Hsk0Hax
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, November 7, 2018