Stuffed Pepper Soup
This soup has everything you like about a classic stuffed pepper—ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and CHEESE. There must be cheese!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 c. white rice
- Shredded white cheddar, for serving
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add bell peppers and onion and cook until soft, 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Drain fat and return to heat.
- Add broth, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Add rice and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 40 minutes, adding water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cheddar and parsley before serving.