- FOR THE PRETZEL CRUST
- 2 c. crushed pretzels
- ¾ c. (1½ stick) melted butter
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. heavy cream
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY TOPPING
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp. Strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries, sliced
- Make the Pretzel Crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, stir together pretzels, butter and sugar until combined. Transfer to a 10” tart pan and press firmly into pan using the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake 8 minutes and let cool completely.
- Make the Cheesecake Layer: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined, then add cream and beat until medium peaks form.
- Spread over cooled pretzel crust.
- Make the Strawberry Topping: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, whisking constantly (mixture will thicken), then remove from heat. Add Jell-o and whisk until combined. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer all over cream cheese layer, then pour Jell-o mixture over, covering each berry. Refrigerate until Jell-o is firm, 2 hours.