Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Dip
Our favorite part of game day is often the appetizers, and this cheesy dip is full of flavor, making it our new go-to.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-oz.) block pasteurized cheese product
- ¼ c. whole milk
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 4 tsp. Cholula® Original Hot Sauce
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican style cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin, paprika, and garlic powder and cook, stirring until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Scrape the onion mixture into the slow cooker and add diced tomatoes, pasteurized cheese, and milk.
- Cook on high for 1 hour or low for 2 hours, until bubbly. Stir in the black beans, cilantro, and Cholula Original until well combined. Stir in shredded Mexican style cheese until just melted. Top with avocado and garnish with cilantro. Dash generously with Cholula. Serve with tortilla chips.
This cheesy Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Dip will be the MVP at your gameday party. 🏈Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/b4Ai7oe
Posted by Delish on Monday, January 14, 2019