Slow-Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon
Add some freshness to the beefy classic with this insanely delish slow-cooker dinner.
Recipe type: Main
- 4 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. beef broth
- 2 c. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, toss beef with oil. Sear beef in batches, 3 minutes per side. Between each batch, deglaze pan with some red wine, scraping up any bits with a wooden spoon. Pour mixture into slow-cooker along with seared beef as it's done.
- To slow-cooker, add beef broth, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary and remaining red wine. Cook on high 6 to 7 hours, until beef is easily shreddable. Thirty minutes before serving, remove herbs and add asparagus; cook until just tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.