Bolognese is one of our favorite recipes to make during the winter: It instantly warms you up and makes you feel sooo cozy.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 oz. (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. whole milk
- ¼ c. dry red wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, 6 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir until combined, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer mixture with a slotted spoon to slow cooker.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt, milk, and red wine. Season with pepper and stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
This Slow-Cooker Bolognese tastes like you slaved over it all day. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Y47Y7Ig
Posted by Delish on Thursday, November 8, 2018