Pizza Grilled Cheese
Prepare to fall for this saucy sandwich
Author: LINDSAY FUNSTON | DELISH
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. pizza sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 8 slices pepperoni, divided
- 1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Heat broiler. Assemble sandwich: Spread butter on the outside of two slices of bread. On the inside of one slice, spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, then top with ¾ cup mozzarella, five slices of pepperoni, Parmesan, and basil. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, cook sandwich until crispy, 5 minutes per side.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons pizza sauce on top of sandwich, then top with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella and remaining three pepperoni slices. Broil until cheese is melty and golden and pepperoni is crispy, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Pizza Grilled Cheese is probably the best thing we've ever made. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/PgKYYV2
Posted by Delish on Sunday, May 7, 2017