Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Put some South in your mouth with these cheddar-stuffed beauties.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 large eggs
- ⅓ c. mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ c. chopped pimiento peppers
- 2 tbsp. shredded Cheddar
- 1½ tbsp. mustard
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 1 minute. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water.
- Crack shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Halve eggs lengthwise, then spoon out yolks into a small bowl and place whites on a serving platter. Using a fork, mash yolks, then stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, pimiento peppers, cheddar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly among egg whites and serve.