Philly Cheesesteak Bites
Philly cheesesteak bites have all of the flavors of your favorite sub, without the carbs.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb. beef flank steak flank steak
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divide
- 2 bell-peppers, sliced
- 1 c. shredded provolone
- Pound steak to ¼” thickness. Slice steak against the grain, on the diagonal, into thin strips (about 2”-long). Season steak all over with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-heat, heat olive oil. Working in batches if necessary, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add a single layer of steak. Cook until seared on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Let steak rest.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet then add peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until slightly tender, about 4 minutes.
- On a cutting board, sprinkle each piece of steak with cheese. Place a couple pieces of peppers on top of each then roll up tightly and secure with a medium skewer.