Perfect Prime Rib
Prime rib, also referred to as standing rib roast, is a beautiful piece of meat. Whenever we need a truly show-stopping holiday roast, we turn to it
Recipe type: Main
- 1 standing rib roast (about ½ pound per person)
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- Remove rib roast from packaging and place in a roasting pan. Let come to room temperature about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450º.
- Generously cover all sides of rib roast with salt and pepper. Place roast in a roasting pan fat-side up. Arrange half the rosemary in the bottom of the pan around the roast.
- Roast 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º and cook 1 hour 30 minutes more for medium rare. (Plan on about 15 minutes per pound.)
- Remove roast from oven, cover with foil, and let rest 20 minutes.
- To serve, slice along ribs to remove them, then separate each rib and put them aside. Slice the roast crossways against the grain. Serve on a platter with the ribs and remaining half fresh rosemary.
Here's how to make the Perfect Prime Rib no matter what holiday you're celebrating.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/3nBFaO1
Posted by Delish on Monday, December 5, 2016