It has all of the classic flavors with the most scrumptious frosting, and it's the cutest cupcake ever!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- ½ c. chopped strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ c. butter, softened
- 3½ c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two muffin pans with cupcake liners. Make cake mix and brownie batter according to package instructions. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of brownie batter into bottom of each cupcake liner. Fill rest of the cup with vanilla batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely. Repeat with the remaining better to make 30 cupcakes total.
- Make frosting: Add strawberries to a food processor and blend until strawberries are mashed and almost completely pureed. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and strawberry puree and mix until evenly incorporated. Stir in food coloring, if desired, for a pinker color.
- Frost cupcakes with strawberry frosting.