Mushroom-Lover's Rigatoni With Cremé Fraîche
Looking for a super-comforting midweek meal? Here's your answer.
Recipe type: Main
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat or spelt tortiglioni or rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1½ tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid; drain pasta.
- While pasta cooks, remove stems from portobello and shiitake mushrooms; reserve for another use (such as making stock). Scrape out black gills from underside of portobello caps with a spoon; discard gills. Cut each portobello cap in half; cut each half crosswise into ½-inch slices. Cut shiitake caps into ½-inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add thyme and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add portobello and cremini mushrooms; cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Add shiitakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook until absorbed. Stir in crème fraîche, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid. Add pasta; toss gently to coat. Stir in remaining cooking liquid as needed to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley.
Looking for a super-comforting midweek meal? Here's your answer. GET THE RECIPE: https://trib.al/u5KpZVd (via Cooking Light)
Posted by MyRecipes on Wednesday, June 6, 2018