Mozzarella, Basil & Zucchini Frittata
OK! We confess: We could eat this 300-calorie veggie-packed frittata every day.
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ cups chopped zucchini
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅔ cup pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan. Cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg from the middle to flow underneath, until nearly set, about 2 minutes. Arrange mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes on top and place the skillet under the broiler until the eggs are slightly browned, 1½ to 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Top with basil.
- To release the frittata from the pan, run a spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into 4 slices and serve.
OK! We confess: We could eat this 300-calorie veggie-packed frittata every day. (via EatingWell)RECIPE HERE: http://ow.ly/ihgs30jtAQX
Posted by Cooking Light on Friday, June 8, 2018