Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
The ultimate brownie for mint and chocolate lovers.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 28 Andes candies, plus more for garnish
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- ¼ c. milk
- 4 drops green food coloring
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 8-x-8” pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions and pour into the prepared pan. Top brownie batter with an even layer of Andes candies. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a brownie comes out with only a few moist crumbs, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, mint extract, milk and a few drops of food coloring. Beat until smooth, then fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread frosting in an even, thick layer over the cooled brownies. Slice into squares. Top with chopped Andes candies.