This indulgent dessert is a hybrid of two of our favourite things - brownies and millionaire's shortbread! The gooey brownie is topped with caramel and finished off with the crunch of shortbread.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 200g dark chocolate
- 175g butter
- 250g sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 100g golden syrup
- 150g butter
- 150g shortbread
- 50g melted chocolate, to drizzle
- Cake sprinkles, to decorate
- Heat oven to 180C/350F.
- Put the dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of gently simmering water and leave to melt. Once all the chocolate is melted, stir to combine. Leave to cool for 2 mins.
- Stir through the sugar, then sift in the flour and stir to combine. Finally, add the eggs and stir until the mixture is all smooth and shiny.
- Pour into a lined loose-bottomed square baking tin, then bake for 20 mins until the top is firm but the mixture still soft. Set aside to cool.
- Pop the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to the boil on a medium heat, stirring all the while until the mixture becomes toffee coloured. Once it has reached your desired colour, pour on top of the brownies and leave to firm up for 15 mins.
- Lay the shortbread in a pattern on top of the caramel. Drizzle with the melted chocolate, then sprinkle with the decorations.
- Cut into squares and serve!
Millionaire's Shortbread Brownie
Posted by Twisted on Friday, December 21, 2018