Italian Chicken Skewers
Marinate the chicken in a quick savory mixture of tomato paste, olive oil, lots of garlic, and fresh parsley for the perfect accompaniment to grilled bread.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more leaves for garnish
- 8 skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 baguette French bread, cut into cubes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Make marinade: combine tomato paste, olive oil, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to fully coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Skewer chicken and bread. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and bread slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.