Instant Pot Banana Bread
The nature of the Instant Pot is to steam things and that's why a banana bread is so very good after being cooked in one.
Recipe type: Dessert
- Cooking spray
- 1 c. water
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ⅔ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. toasted coconut, divided
- 1 c. chocolate chips, divided
- ¾ c. caramel, divided
- Grease a 7 ¾”-x-3 ¾” loaf pan with cooking spray. Place trivet in Instant Pot and pour in water. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just incorporated. Fold in ½ cup coconut, ½ cup chocolate chips, and ¼ cup caramel. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Top with remaining ½ cup of coconut and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in Instant Pot and lock lid. Cook on Pressure Cook on High for 1 hour 15 minutes. Follow manufacturer's guide for quick release, then remove pan from Instant Pot. Remove foil and let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips. Drizzle chocolate and remaining ½ cup caramel of bread before serving.