Hot Fried Pickle Spirals
Hot fried pickle spirals are for pickle lovers ONLY.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 whole dill pickles
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. crushed thick tortilla chips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp. Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Pat pickles dry with paper towels. Stick a skewer or chopstick lengthwise through the center of a pickle. Starting at the bottom and holding the knife at 90 degree angle to the pickle, cut crosswise through the pickle, and continue cutting, slowly turning the chopstick, to spiral the pickle.
- Place flour, egg, and tortilla chips on three separate dinner plates. Dash crushed tortilla chips with Cholula Green Pepper and stir to coat. Working with one pickle at a time, lightly coat pickle in flour, then roll in the egg, getting the egg in the crevasses. Dredge pickles in tortilla chips until fully coated, using your fingers to help press it to adhere.
- In a large deep-sided skillet over medium, heat 1 inch oil until it starts to bubble. Working in batches fry pickles, turning a few times, until golden, about 2 minutes per pickle. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
- Drizzle fried pickles with Cholula sauce and serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping.