Honey Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
The hardest part of making these Brussels sprouts is leaving them alone.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add Brussels sprouts, cut side down, and cook undisturbed, 3 to 4 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Add ¼ cup water and cover. Let Brussels sprouts steam until tender, 3 minutes. If the skillet seems dry, add more water a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove sprouts from skillet and set aside on a plate. Add vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick and syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Return sprouts to pan, toss to coat, and heat through, 2 to 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.