- 650 g Bramley apples (about 3), peeled, cored and cut into rough 2.5cm chunks
- 50 g toffee or caramel sweets
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 300 g hobnobs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5.
- Put the apple chunks in an ovenproof dish with 1 tbsp. water. Dot over the toffees, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the apples are soft.
- While the apples cook, stir together the softened butter and cinnamon. Put the biscuits in a bag and roughly crush so they’re in large chunks, using a mug or rolling pin. Add the biscuit chunks to the butter and stir until combined.
- Carefully stir the cooked apples and toffee together, trying not to break up the apples completely. Scatter the biscuit mixture evenly over the top of the hot apples and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden. Serve with cream.