Grinchy Pull-Apart Cupcakes
Don't be intimidated. These pull-apart cupcakes are wayyyy easier to make than you'd think.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (15.25-oz. box) chocolate cake mix, plus required ingredients
- 1½ c. (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 c. powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Black gel icing
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Prepare cake mix according to box directions and divide batter between cupcake lines. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and powdered until combined. Add heavy cream, vanilla, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Scoop about 1½ cup of frosting into a medium bowl and dye it red. Scoop about 1 cup of frosting into a medium bowl and leave it white. Scoop about a tablespoon of frosting into a small bowl and dye it yellow. Dye remaining frosting (it should be the bulk of it!) green.
- Arrange 13 cups on a serving platter, docking each with white frosting, in the shape of the Grinch's face. (Watch the video for help!) Pipe green frosting around the edges of cupcakes to outline face. Fill in the middle with frosting and use an offset spatula to smooth.
- Add 5 cupcakes on top of the face to create the shape of Santa's hat. Pipe red frosting around edges to outline hat, then fill in the middle with red frosting and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Decoratively pipe white frosting on the bottom and at the end of Santa's hat.
- Pipe 2 large yellow dots on face to create eyes, then draw face with black gel icing.
Don't even think about throwing a holiday party without THIS.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/5neFGBk
Posted by Delish on Friday, November 9, 2018