Giant Stuffed Ham & Mozzarella Loaf
It's giant. It's meaty. It's cheesy. It's what you need, right now.
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tablespoons active yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 4 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- Salt to taste
- ½ pounds ham, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced in rounds
- ½ pounds mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Oregano, to taste
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- Combine the yeast, water, 1 cup flour, and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add the egg and butter, and mix well. Add the remaining flour gradually, then add salt.
- Mix everything and knead for 15 minutes. Cover with a dish cloth, and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface. Layer the ham, tomato and cheese, and sprinkle with oregano. Roll the dough into a log.
- Place in a greased baking pan and make shallow cuts across the top. Brush with beaten egg yolk, and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 425°F and bake 25 minutes more.
It's giant. It's meaty. It's cheesy. It's what you need, right now.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2mlsPtw🎥: Tastemade Brasil
Posted by Tastemade on Saturday, June 2, 2018