Giant Cheesecake Stuffed Cookie
Looking for a show-stopping dessert? Look no further! This one's got it all: creamy cheesecake, chewy cookie, and melty chocolate chips. Serving with ice cream isn't necessary, but we strongly encourage it.
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1½ (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR COOKIE
- Cooking spray
- 1¼ c. (2½ sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 10" cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Make cheesecake filling: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in vanilla extract and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter-sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop half the cookie dough into prepared skillet and smooth into an even layer with a raised ½" border. Add cheesecake filling to the center of the cookie and spread in an even layer, leaving about 1" around the edge of the cookie uncovered. Top with remaining cookie dough and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cookie comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
This giant skillet cookie is STUFFED with cheesecake.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Efe4siq
Posted by Delish on Friday, January 25, 2019