Garlicky Lemon Mahi-Mahi
Mahi Mahi was made for summer.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) mahi-mahi fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil. Add mahi-mahi and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in lemon, zest, juice, and parsley. Remove from heat, then return mahi-mahi and asparagus to skillet and spoon over sauce.
- Garnish with more parsley before serving.