Elmlea Chicken Korma Naan Pizza
Is Korma on a Naan Pizza the best combo ever?
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 60g ground almonds
- 250ml Elmlea Double
- 125ml chicken stock
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Salt to taste
- 185g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- Chopped Coriander
- 150ml warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- 5 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 300g bread flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Garlic butter
- Nigella seeds
- Make Naan dough, let rest for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the whole spices and onions. Stir and cook through until softened and translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, cooking for another minute. Stir in the ground spices and cook for another minute, add the tomato puree and ground almonds; cook through for a further two minutes.
- Stir through the Elmlea, chicken stock and shredded chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the naan dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of a greased sheet pan with a bit of a hangover.
- Top with the chicken korma mix and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in a 200ºC oven for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, brush the naan crust with garlic butter and nigella seeds
- Garnish the pizza with slice toasted almonds and chopped coriander.