Eggs Benedict Bake
Always order eggs benny when out to brunch? Recreate the fave at home with this one-pan dish.
Recipe type: Main
- Butter, for skillet
- 8 English muffins, torn into small pieces
- 1 lb. deli sliced ham, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE
- 4 large egg yolks
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ c. (1 stick) melted butter
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Butter a large oven-safe skillet. Alternate layers of English muffins and ham in skillet until they’re both used up.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and garlic powder and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over ingredients in skillet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°. Bake until bread is golden and eggs are cooked through, 1 hour. (Cover with foil if top is getting too brown.) Let cool.
- MAKE HOLLANDAISE
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan, then reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks with lemon juice. Place over saucepan (be sure bottom of bowl doesn’t touch water) and, while whisking vigorously, slowly add melted butter and whisk until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with cayenne and salt.
- Drizzle hollandaise over bake and sprinkle with paprika before serving.