Easy Key Lime Pie
This classic pie has the perfect amount of tang. We love the simplicity of a store-bought pie crust, but homemade works too!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 whole egg yolks
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ⅔ c. key lime juice
- 2 tbsp. key lime zest
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lime zest, for garnish
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and sour cream until smooth. Add lime juice and zest and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into pre-made graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for half an hour at room temperature, then refrigerate until completely cool, at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- When the cake is cooled, whip the cream. In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top pie with whipped cream, lime zest, and lime slices.