All the dumpling flavor you love, none of the hard work.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 2 lb. ground pork
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sambal olek or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Green leaf lettuce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine pork, green onion, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder, and egg. Using damp hands, form mixture into 1½"meatballs.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange meatballs about an inch apart on tray. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sambal olek or chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Transfer cooked meatballs to a plate and sprinkle with green onion. Serve with dipping sauce, with lettuce leaves on the side if desired.