Dr. Pepper Poke Cake
Doesn't get much easier than a three-ingredient cake!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE CAKE
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 12-oz. can Dr. Pepper
- 1 11-oz. jar hot fudge, warmed
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Maraschino cherry juice (from jar)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and Dr. Pepper and mix until smooth. Transfer to prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Poke cake all over with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour hot fudge into the holes.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, Maraschino juice, and salt. Spread frosting on cake and decorate with Maraschino cherries.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Dr Pepper lovers … once you try this poke cake, you'll never stop craving it. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/fJmB4bh
Posted by Delish on Monday, May 8, 2017