Dorito Taco Salad
Dorito Taco Salad is a delicious salad we’ve been serving at potlucks for as long as I can remember!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red or orange pepper – chopped
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes – diced
- ¼ cup green onions – chopped thin leave a bit for garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 10 oz Nacho flavoured Doritos
- 16 oz catalina salad dressing
- sour cream
- Brown the ground beef until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning packet and water. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, peppers, black olives, pinto beans, tomatoes, cheddar and green onions.
- Top with the seasoned and cooled ground beef.
- Slightly crush the Doritos and sprinkle on top. Drizzle with catalina dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with sour cream and additional green onions is desired.
- Serve immediately.
Dorito Taco Salad has been a go-to potluck recipe for as long as I can remember!!Recipe here: http://www.spendwithpennies.com/dorito-taco-salad/
Posted by Spend With Pennies on Sunday, July 23, 2017