Dole Whip Cupcakes
Dole Whip has a cult following and we get it. It's the most refreshing thing after waiting in insanely long lines all day.
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 c. crushed pineapple with juice
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar, divided
- ¼ c. pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Small pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325° and line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix cake mix with crushed pineapple, vegetable oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add remaining 2 cups powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Swirl frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish each cupcake with a pineapple wedge and a decorative straw.