Cream of Asparagus Soup
You'll want to make this spring soup again and again.
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Freshly chopped dill, for garnish
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using am immersion or regular blender, puree soup. If using a regular blender, be sure to stop and remove lid a few times to avoid overheating soup. Return to pot, stir in cream, then warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cream and herbs.