- FOR THE CAKE
- Butter, for pan
- All-purpose flour, for pan
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. cinnamon sugar
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. milk
- Pinch kosher salt
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan with butter then sprinkle and coat evenly with a thin layer of flour. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, then stir in cinnamon.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle on an even a layer of cinnamon-sugar. Pour another ⅓ of the batter then top with another layer of cinnamon-sugar. Pour ⅓ remaining batter on top, then very gently, drag a butter knife through the batter to create swirls.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze: In a large liquid measuring cup (or a medium bowl), whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and salt. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing.