Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro and lime make this simple shrimp dish outstanding – and it takes just minutes to make!
Author: Gina from Skinnytaste
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp – quick and easy!
- Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Cilantro Lime Shrimp is SO easy to make, ready in less than 10 minutes!Smart Points: 2 • Calories: 119http://www.skinnytaste.com/cilantro-lime-shrimp/
Posted by Skinnytaste on Friday, May 5, 2017