Churro Waffle Dippers
If you're short on time, you could skip the batter-making steps and just use a boxed mix. But let it be known that this recipe guarantees fluffy-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside waffles. It's the best.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Kosher salt
- 2 c. buttermilk
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. plus ½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and a large pinch of salt. In another large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 6 tablespoons butter, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, mix together remaining ½ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Make Mexican chocolate ganache: Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium, heat-proof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat heavy cream just until it bubbles, about 5 minutes. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. When the iron is hot, grease with cooking spray. Pour batter onto iron, leaving about ½” from the edges.
- Cook until waffles are golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Brush waffles with remaining 6 tablespoons butter, and immediately dip into cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Slice into strips and serve with ganache.
Churro Waffle Dippers will turn you into a morning person. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/hu5Y8Br
Posted by Delish on Sunday, August 12, 2018