Chicken Stuffed Potato Bombs
Nothing says fiesta like chicken-stuffed potato bombs. Crispy, cheesy and perfect for dunking into zesty salsa.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 medium potatoes, roughly chopped and peeled
- Water to boil potatoes
- 2 tsp chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 6 chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Mexican cheese mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Bring water to a boil, add the roughly chopped potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender. Drain, then season with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of chili pepper; mash. Set aside to cool.
- Heat skillet with vegetable oil. Add minced garlic, onions, and bell pepper. Cook until onions are translucent. Add diced chicken, season with salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook until chicken is done. Set aside to cool.
- Grab a handful of the mashed potatoes and form a patty. Take a heaping spoonful of the chicken mix and plop into the middle of the patty. Add cheese and form the patty into a ball. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Dip the potato balls into egg and breadcrumbs. Repeat.
- Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy with salsa!
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Chicken Stuffed Potato Bombs Full recipe: https://taste.md/2elahqN
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, May 8, 2017