Chicken Fajita Fried Tacos
Have you ever seen tacos MADE FROM CHICKEN?!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- Chicken Tacos
- 800g chicken mince
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 100g plain flour
- 5 eggs, beaten with a little milk
- 100g panko
- 3 mixed peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Red cheddar
- Spice Mix
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sour Cream Dip
- 220g sour cream
- 100g mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp left over spice mix
- 1 tbsp honey
- Handful diced pickled jalapenos
- Mix the chicken, eggs, breadcrumbs and seasoning together. Get a large cooking cutter and press the mix into it to make a disk. Repeat with the rest of the chicken mix and pop all the disks in the fridge to set up for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, place the flour, eggs and panko in bowls.
- When the chicken disks have chilled a bit and are easy to handle then dip them in the flour, followed by the eggs, followed by the panko.
- Get a muffin tin and flip it upside down then gently fold the breaded chicken disks in half and rest them in between the grooves.
- Set in the r until solid, then heat a large pan of vegetable oil to 170°C.
- Meanwhile, fry the vegetables in a little oil until soft. Mix the spices together and add half to the vegetables - reserve the rest for the dip. Set the cooked veg aside.
- Fry the taco shaped chicken in batches until golden and crispy - set aside.
- Fill with the vegetables and arrange in a circle then sprinkle with cheese and grill for 10 mins until bubbling.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the dip.