Cheesy Marmite Sprouts
You're either gonna LOVE or LOVE these Cheesy Marmite Sprouts.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 400 g Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 70 ml boiling water
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp. Marmite
- 20 g panko breadcrumbs
- 70 g Cheddar, cheese finely grated
- 3 sprigs thyme, stripped and finely chopped
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, simmer sprouts for 3mins into their al dente. Drain and allow to steam dry.
- Meanwhile, put breadcrumbs, cheddar and thyme together in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat up a heavy-bottomed frying pan. Put sprouts into the hot pan and flatten them with a potato masher, this allows them to crisp up more. Dry fry for 5 minutes, until they become slightly charred. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Marmite, boiling water and ½ stock cube. Mix until combined and melted.
- Pre-heat grill. Pour Marmite mixture over the sprouts and give them a good toss. Sprinkle over your cheddar/breadcrumb mixture and grill on high for 2-3 minutes. Serve.