Cheesy Breakfast Burger
Everything's better when you put an egg on it.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 hamburger patties
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Ketchup or hot sauce, for drizzling
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill until pink, 6 minutes per side for medium. Add cheese and let melt, 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, fry eggs until whites are set and yolks are runny, 4 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer eggs to a plate and add bacon to skillet. Cook until crispy, 6 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Assemble burgers: Top bun bottoms with 2 slices bacon, a patty, and a fried egg and drizzle with ketchup or hot sauce. Add top buns and serve.